Balticflyfisher and your personal data
Balticflyfisher is committed to the use of state-of-the-art technologies in order to protect the personal information of our customers, partners, suppliers, visitors of our web sites and employees effectively.
What data do we collect?
We at Balticflyfisher (BFF) collect information from you when you register on our site or fill out a form.
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, e-mail address, contact details as well as address.
If you would like have an overview of the data we store about you on our web-site, or have it removed or corrected then please click here
What do we need it for?
Any of the data we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To improve customer service: your information helps us to respond more effectively to your customer service requests.
- To improve our site: we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we received from you.
- To process transactions: we may use the information you provide about yourself when placing an order only to service that order. We do not share this information with outside parties, except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
What we would also like to do with it
We would however like to use your name and email address to inform you of company news, future hosted trips, interesting blog posts and occasionally new products. We do this in the form of newsletters. You have to actively opt-in to receive our newsletters. This information is only shared with the service partner (MailChimp) who runs the newsletter-service and and if at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include full unsubscribe instructions within each email, or you may contact us via our website or the contact information provided at the end of this policy.
How do we protect your information?
- We have implemented best practice data collection, storage, processing and security processes to protect against unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information.
- Sensitive and private data exchange between the site and its users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
- We use a fully GPDR Compliant, ISO Certified industry leader for our cloud storage. In addition we encrypt all customer data with state-of-the-art encryption software before it is backed up into the cloud.
- However, while we take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information, you accept that no digital data transmission can be guaranteed to be secure from access by unintended recipients and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security, unless this is due to our negligence.
How long do we keep it?
We are required under German tax law to keep your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 6 years on our back-end systems, after which time it will be destroyed.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not store payment card details and we do not share customer details with any third parties, other than to third party service partners that we require to assist us to fulfil your order.
The third party service partners we currently use are:
- If we have to ship outside of the EU then your shipping data (name, address,telephone,email) is also shared with the German Customs Authority (Zoll).
- To comply with German Tax laws we also have to share all transaction data with the German Tax Authority.
- We only share your name and email address with MailChimp (Newsletter service provider) if you have actively opted in to our newsletter.
Third party links
As you will see we have linked through to some of our partners/dealers websites. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Social Media Networks
As you browse around our website you will notice that we use plugins of social media networks such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest.
These social media plugins can be recognised by means of a logo or the appropriate wording of the respective platform. If you use one of these plugins from our site (or any other site using social media plugins for that matter), these plugins are able to establish a direct connection between the browser you used and the appropriate sites of the respective social media network.
As this transfer takes place directly between your browser and the respective network, we at BFF do not have any access or knowledge of the sent data.
If you have simultaneously logged in to one of these platforms or log in to the respective social media network sometime later, the plugins are able to automatically associate this information with your account. Thus, this information will be and is allocated to an individual. Of course, the same applies if you use plugins actively or make comments.
If you click to activate e.g. a button to express approval such as the “Like button on Facebook®” or make comments, it is possible for the various data to generally be transferred – depending on the the target social media network e.g this could include some or all of the following:
– IP address
– Browser information and operating system
– Screen resolution
– Installed browser plugins, such as Adobe Flash Player
– Visitor origin, if you followed a link (referrer)
– URL of the current site
Balticflyfisher does not have any control over the use of this data in the respective social media network.
For your convenience we have listed the operators of the social media networks whose plugins are used on the Balticflyfisher website and their privacy statements in the table below.
What are your rights?
If at any point you believe the information we process on you is incorrect you request to see this information and even have it corrected or deleted. If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact our Data Protection Officer who will investigate the matter.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
Please contact us if:
- You have any questions regarding the practices of this site.
- You would like to object to any processing of your personal information that we carry out for our legitimate interests.
- You have any questions about the information we hold about you, or to change your contact preferences.
By telephone: +49 4182 291312
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By post: Balticflyfisher, Beekfeld 7, 21255 Tostedt, Germany
This policy was last modified on 2018-05-07.